Notice of General Meeting 15th April 2021 at 7.30pm
Notice is hereby given that a General Meeting (Meeting) of Cirencester Housing for Young People Limited (Company) will be held on Zoom on 15th April 2021 at 7.30pm
To receive a link to join this meeting please email Jane Gunner on email@example.com It is not necessary to download an app or program to access the meeting the link sent will take you directly.
You will be asked to consider and vote on the resolutions below which will be proposed as special resolutions.
- Cirencester Housing For Young People Ltd (“the Society”) be converted into a company limited by guarantee with the name Cirencester Housing for Young People Ltd and registered address at 29/31 Querns Lane, Cirencester Gloucestershire GL7 1RL with objects as follows: to relieve hardship need or distress of persons in necessitous circumstance by providing or assisting in the housing in particular but not exclusively to young people and in particular but not exclusively to young persons in Cirencester and the surrounding area and having the memorandum and articles of association in the format presented to the meeting and for the purposes of identification initialled by the chairperson and having the directors and subscribers described in the memorandum and articles, and
- The committee of the Society are authorised to execute and do on behalf of the Society such things and such documents as they consider desirable or necessary to affect the conversion,
- The nominal one pound share held by each member of the Society shall be cancelled and each member shall simultaneously undertake a liability to contribute a further one pound in the event of the winding up of the company under the circumstances described in the articles of association.
By order of the Board
[Director] [Company secretary]
29/31 Querns Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1RL, REGISTERED NUMBER: IP26239R 2021
Notes to the Notice of General Meeting
- Appointment of proxies
- If you are a shareholder who is entitled to attend and vote at the meeting, you are entitled to appoint one or more proxies to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at the meeting and you should have received a proxy form [with this notice of meeting]. A proxy does not need to be a shareholder of the Company but must attend the meeting to represent you. You can only appoint a proxy using the procedures set out in these notes and the notes to the proxy form.
- You may appoint more than one proxy provided each proxy is appointed to exercise the rights attached to a different share or shares held by that shareholder. To appoint more than one proxy, please contact the Company Secretary at the address given above. You will need to state clearly on each proxy form the number of shares in relation to which the proxy is appointed. Failure to specify the number of shares to which each proxy appointment relates or specifying a number in excess of those held by the shareholder will result in the proxy appointment being invalid. If you wish your proxy to speak on your behalf at the meeting you will need to appoint your own choice of proxy (not the chairman) and give your instructions directly to them.
- If you do not give your proxy an indication of how to vote on any resolution, your proxy will vote or abstain from voting at his or her discretion. Your proxy will vote (or abstain from voting) as he or she thinks fit in relation to any other matter which is put before the Meeting.
Appointment of proxy by post
- The notes to the proxy form explain how to direct your proxy how to vote on each resolution.
To appoint a proxy using the proxy form, the form must be:
- completed and signed;
- sent or delivered to the Company at 29/31 Querns Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1RL; and
- received by the Company no later than midday on 14th April 2021
Any power of attorney or any other authority under which the proxy form is signed (or a duly certified copy of such power or authority) must be included with the proxy form.
Appointment of proxies electronically
- As an alternative to completing the hard-copy proxy form, you can appoint a proxy electronically by email. For an electronic proxy appointment to be valid, your appointment must be received by the Company no later than midday on 15th April 2021.
Changing proxy instructions
- Shareholders may change proxy instructions by submitting a new proxy appointment using the methods set out above. Note that the cut-off time for receipt of proxy appointments also apply in relation to amended instructions; any amended proxy appointment received after the relevant cut-off time will be disregarded.
Where you have appointed a proxy using the hard-copy proxy form and would like to change the instructions using another hard-copy proxy form, please contact the Company Secretary at 29/31 Querns Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1RL.
If you submit more than one valid proxy appointment, the appointment received last before the latest time for the receipt of proxies will take precedence.
Termination of proxy appointment
- A shareholder may change a proxy instruction but to do so you will need to inform the Company in writing by either:
- Sending a signed hard-copy notice clearly stating your intention to revoke your proxy appointment to the Company. In the case of a shareholder which is a company, the revocation notice must be executed under its common seal or signed on its behalf by an officer of the company or an attorney for the company. Any power of attorney or any other authority under which the revocation notice is signed (or a duly certified copy of such power or authority) must be included with the revocation notice.
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In either case, the revocation notice must be received by the Company no later than midday on
Appointment of a proxy does not preclude you from attending the meeting and voting in person. If you have appointed a proxy and attend the Meeting in person, your proxy appointment will automatically be terminated.
- Except as provided above, shareholders who have general queries about the meeting should contact the Company Secretary at 29/31 Querns Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1RL (no other methods of communication will be accepted).
You may not use any electronic address provided either:
- in this notice of general meeting; or
- any related documents (including the proxy form),
to communicate with the Company for any purposes other than those expressly stated.